Label It and Write About It!

I have had a few people tell me that they want the "Label It" center from my monthly CCS center packs in EVERY month...they really like them!

So, I've decided to make MONTHLY Label It Packs! These will be separate from what is included in my monthly CCS center packs. I actually REALLY like these because they are great vocabulary words for writing. It gives their brain a place to start...some ideas.

My plan was just to make one big pack with all the months in it. But then, when I got started, I realized that just one month was almost 100 pages! The ideas for pictures just kept coming....and I had to make myself stop, or I could have gone even further!

So, here's what I came up with for August. Now, I know that some of you don't go back to school in August, or if you do, it might be the end of August, but you could still use this for Back To School themes. I guess that would have been a better title "Back to School" but then that would have messed up with with my need for everything to be uniform...haha!


In August, the themes are "Back to School" and "Getting to Know You" so all of the pictures correspond with those themes.  There are 11 pictures included...



There are 4 versions of each picture... A color one (mainly for teacher purposes), one that is JUST labeling, then 2 versions of the "caption" picture (regular lines and writing lines).




There are also 4 versions of each writing page. This layout will be the same for ALL of the months.


I have included word banks on each page so that it's easier for the students to know how to spell THOSE words. Even the writing pages have the word banks, which I love because that way, you could use JUST the writing pages for a writing activity and NOT the pictures pages. There are so many different ways you could use these activities!



Here are some examples of how you could have them do them in your class.

This one is JUST labeling and coloring:


This one is labeling, coloring and then adding a written aspect to it. This would obviously be for your more experienced writers. I like to have the kids "highlight" the words from the pictures in their writing with a light colored crayon (yellow, light green, light orange, or pink). For even MORE writing, there is a FULL PAGE that you could use!



Another option you could do is a lesser version of the written version. This one I like to do. I have the students label the picture and color it... but THEN they have to add in a scene. This is a scene of the girl walking to school. This gets them to think about settings and such.  Then, under the picture, they have to write a "caption" for the picture. Again, I like for them to highlight the words they use. 


Now some of the words they want to use won't be in the word bank. But that's when I tell them to get out their Spelling Journals



I have a "Category" section and just about about every theme you can think of is in there...and if it's not? Then we write it in! They have their own personal word walls whenever they need them! You can check out my post on them HERE.


You can check out my Label It! activity packs in both of my shops:


AND, since I haven't blogged about them since I posted them back in June, I've even had time to finish September's pack!


There are 13 pictures included in this month's pack... and the same kind of layout as August's pack. Here are the pictures included in September: 

Check out September in my 2 shops



Want to try it out for free??? You can download the freebie version from my August pack!





17 comments

Nicole Heinlein said...

Oooohhhh! I love these! Perfect literacy centers for beginning first grade!

Roy said...

Your plan actually works and every type of the kids will understand this lesson. With the help of the picture, they will learn lots of the things and carry the good information. You are showing your experience in this field but best essay writing provides authentic info to manage all type of task.

kimberlyjames said...

Google

Unknown said...

The free site for the roblox free robux game to play free then use http://rbxgenerator.com for the free robux generation for the free using the free robux generator for the roblox robux game to play free.

Alan said...

I guess they never realized being a cheerleader also meant I got to watch the dating acronyms from the best seats in the house haha.

Brandphic said...

Many businesses around the world are looking to maintain their online presence. This means that they need to have a Custom Website Design
n with seamless navigation and content in order for customers and prospects to have a memorable experience.

Julie Parks said...

Agree to your words, study for SAT is a must when required to be admitted in a college, but, one should not have to be lacked behind in mending his or her skills. Counseling for College

sehatkahani said...


I second that on your thought. We have to keep in touch with doctors no matter how minor the issue be. Such that in case with hair and skin issues, we should be bounded to at least consult with a best dermatologist nearby once so that the precise problem may apparent.

Best Gynaecologist in Pakistan

Maria_Asghar said...


Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.



Sanitizer Price in Dubai

fatima umar said...


You got a fine knowledge of food and stuff, I was wondering how did you end up doing that. I was always curious about how to find some nice Pizza delivery near me and now I know how to figure them out.

pizza and pasta near me


MichelAnthony said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
Site: Beth Dutton Blue Coat

Harry Jacki said...

I'm truly intrigued by your site. Hi, You have worked really hard. I will Digg it and actually prescribe it to my companions. I'm certain they will benefit from this site. Godzilla Jacket

PDF Editor | A1Office said...

A1 pdf Editor is a software that allows you to edit PDF files. It is a very powerful program, and there are many features that allow you to customize your PDFs. Whether you need to make simple changes or complex edits, this software can handle it all. In this blog post, we will discuss the basics of how to use A1 pdf Editor.

Umair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Umair said...

The Interactive Intelligent Touch Screen monitors are exactly what you’ve been looking for if your business relies heavily on conference calls, multimedia presentations, or the occasional webinar. The interactive led touch screen monitors allow you to simultaneously view images, videos, documents and webpages while listening to audio (music or presentations) from one single monitor. It doesn’t matter how many people are on the call; everyone will be able to see and hear everything clearly thanks to the crystal clear audio and video technology built into these monitors!

Mason said...

Labeling and writing about it – what a brilliant concept! It's such a fun and engaging way to enhance creativity and language skills. Can't wait to try this activity with my kids!


divorce lawyers culpeper va

Paul said...

This blog post explained everything so clearly, I finally understand the topic, i also recommend this to you breast nipple shield

Back to Top