Pumpkin Books!

While I'm not quite finished with my Spiders Unit, I'll be starting my Pumpkin Unit in the middle of this week. So I wanted to share some of my favorite pumpkin books with you. I might have quite a few more than just the ten I'm showing you, but these are some of my favorites.


There are SO many books in October that I love. I have a really hard time choosing which ones to use.

Here's a little synopsis of some of my favorite pumpkin books.

by Gail Gibbons
This is a great book for kids of all ages.  A favorite children's author, Gail Gibbons introduces all the details about the growth of pumkins along with some new terms for kids to learn.

by Steven Kroll
Two mice fall in love with the same pumpkin. One wants to carve the biggest jack-o'-lantern in the neighborhood with his pumpkin. The other wants to win the Biggest Pumpkin contest with his. But when they discover that their choice pumpkins are actually the same one, they decide to work together to grow the biggest pumpkin ever!

by Margaret McNamara
Which size pumpkin has the most seeds -- a big one or small one?  Or does it matter?  Follow along with the class activities and they try to find the answers

by George Levenson
Another great book for the life cycle of a pumpkin!

(many different authors!)
This is a cute book for rhyming and learning ordinal words. I have a fun poem freebie to go with this book {HERE}

by Linda White
This book is great for problem and solution!

by Stephen Wunderli
I came across this book while at the book store by accident. I read it and instantly fell in love with it! It is such a cute little book - a cross of fiction and nonfiction. A seed's journey from seed to Jack-O-Lantern.

by Erica Silverman
The witch wants to make pumpkin pie with her pumpkin she grew, but it's so big she can't get it off the vine. So she enlists the help of some friends. But then the smallest of her friends has an idea!

by Will Hubbel
Tim carves his pumpkin for Halloween, then sets it outside after Halloween is over. He spends the next few weeks observing it's changes. This is a great science project activity!

by Wendy Pfeffer
Another great book for the life cycle of a pumpkin! It also includes some yummy recipes!

I have a fun little Hands-On Pumpkin book if you want any math, science, or writing activities to add into your pumpkin week!

Click the picture below to grab the Pumpkin Song Freebies!!


Click on the books in the carousel below to check them out on Amazon. I hope these book suggestions help!




Here are some more of my favorite pumpkin books!


1 comment

Jessica said...

Such good books! I added a few to my list. Thanks for the post!

What I Have Learned

Back to Top