Peek at My Week 9.22 - Apple Week!


Yay!  Apple Week is upon us!!  I just love this week... among many other weeks, but right now let's just focus on Apple Week. ha!

If you follow me on IG, you've seen this picture...


I brought home all my apple stuff that I thought I would be able to use for 1st grade so I could see what could do with it all.

I finally made some sense out of it. I think...

First, let me show you some of my favorite apple books I'll be using this week...
Here are some of my favorite Johnny Appleseed and Apple books







And here are some of my favorite "apple-themed" books





So, here are my plans for the week. I don't even know where I'm got all of my activities from...some of them I've had for YEARS. And, unfortunately, some of the stuff I've downloaded doesn't have a name on it anywhere...so I don't know where I got it. BUT, if I do know, then I linked it for ya! Make sure you download the file and then when you open it, you can click on all the pictures and links to go to the page to get the freebie or check out the pack.



This week's phonics poem comes from THIS book:



I'm also using an apple poem that I had in my files from A LONG time ago that I retyped and made it into a center and poetry journal insert. There are actually THREE poems in the pack, because I just like to keep all the apple themed poems in one file instead of hunting them all down - ha!





For math this week, I'm TRYING to fit in some centers. I don't have a lot of time for math, so I'm not sure I can do it, but I figured I'd start with it this week since I had so many fun things I wanted to do... we will see how it goes. Last year I had about an extra half hour for math, so it worked out really well, but so far this year, I'm struggling to get actual centers in for math. I am using my September CCS math centers, but then I also came up with some last minute ideas I wanted to do. You can download those activities in the plans or click on the picture below...


For the Math Worm Center, I'm using my bucket of worms I have in my classroom. We used them to teach measurement in 2nd grade, but i figured they'd be great for this week too!  
 And whenever it says "In Student Books," I'm referring to these:


I took the activities in my Hands-On Learning with Apples Pack and turn them into books. I pick and choose each year which activities I want to do and we work all week in them.






To check out any of my packs I mentioned in the post, you can click the pictures below.









Poem Freebie:







5 comments

Megan said...

Thank you for the poems! I love how interactive they are.

Miss Foote said...

You have a fun week in the works! My favorite Johnny Appleseed book is by Steven Kellogg.
Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Lindalouhoo said...

Thank you so much for generously sharing your hard work. It is inspiring!

Krogers Kindergarten said...

My kids are loving the apple poems this week!

Adriana said...

Wow, I think you've just convinced me to do my own apple week next week!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

Back to Top