Back to School Letter Freebie

I just got back from dinner with my new team! I'm excited about them. They're a fun bunch!  And one of the poor girls has gotten to see me A LOT in the last 3 days. haha! I might have more than a ton of questions for her...not only because I'm moving to 1st grade but also because I'm at a new school and there's a whole lot to learn when you come to a new school.

I will say that everyone so far has been so helpful. The custodians, the tech guy, the front office, my team. 

One of the things L told me about was that she sends out letters to her students.

What?!

Do you do that?

I never have. My old school never even gave me a class list until the week of preplanning, and even then it was the morning of registration day. So this was news to me.

BUT, she happily sent her letter to me, so my stress went down ... a little...slightly....just a few drops. 

So, I went home, changed it a little, added some clip art (because I have a disease of everything needing clip art! ha!), and printed them up.  And this morning, when I was there, I got my class list!

So, anyway, I have the template for you, if you want it. One of them is for when I send the letter out in the mail, and the other one is one that I'm going to use during the Meet & Greet.




Click {HERE} to get the Welcome Letters Template. You will need to download the document all the way and then open it and then you can add your own text!

And then I leave you with these pictures to show you what I've been doing the last few days.


Yes, that IS a U-Haul pulled up to unload. Hey, one trip is better than 50, right!? 

My teammate walked into my room and said, "Yeah.... that's not all going to fit in here." and laughed at me.

I totally agreed with her. I was feeling MORE than overwhelmed! 

Well, my friends, I'm here to tell you - after 2 days, I got it ALL to fit!! And it looks like a classroom now!  


It has come a long way, my friends. Nowhere near finished, and I can't wait to show you - in a week or so.

Enjoy the freebie!


14 comments

Mrs. Yazzie's Classroom News said...

I never send out letters or post cards ahead of time either. I'll get my list sometime next week, but it will change before the first day. And even on the first day, there are sure to be some more changes, additions or deletions. That will continue for about the first month. So I wait until the end of the first full week of school and then send home a little greeting to those students who have officially become mine. :)

Thank you so very much for the freebies. I can use them for my parent letter and open house notes!

Unknown said...

I always send the kids a letter or postcard a week or two before school starts. Not all of my colleagues do that. The kids are excited to receive them!

Kristin said...

Cute templates and a U-haul . . . I understand completely!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love your template. I'm moving to a new school this year, too. I'm going from middle school to 1st grade. Good luck at your new school :)

Tisha
Teachin' Cutie Patooties

Adrienne said...

A letter or postcard is expected at my school. I like to send a letter with pictures of my family. When the kids and their parents meet me for the first time, they always ask about my daughter or my dog from the picture. It's a great way to introduce yourself!

Adrienne
Having Class

Thrills in Third Grade said...

Wow...you've certainly had a lot of work to do! I don't send out letters because we don't get our class lists until the Friday before school starts. (school starts on Monday). It's kind of ridiculous. But, one less thing to think about-sending out the letters, that is. I wish you lots of luck in your new position!
Jamie
Thrills in Third Grade

Tracy Mailloux said...

Some years we get our lists on the last day of school and other years sometime over the summer. But always at least 2 weeks before school starts. I've sent a welcome letter to the kids on my list since my first year of teaching!

MicheleDavila said...

Installation directly accessibility the application and set up, this way install mobdro on kodi For this tutorial, I'm utilizing Nox App Gamer to mount Mobdro on Computer

dinakonovalova said...

If you download and install https://www.zoho.com/sites/ the Shield TV-specific develop of Plex, Android TV Box Reviews the Shield TV becomes Best Android TV Box of 2018 a fully-featured media web server Android TV Box with the ability of searching for, here pulling, arranging, as well as streaming films

Rocky said...

Hi your blog is very interesting accounting software

newsupgrade said...

Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive. leave application to class teacher by parent

Rohit lohia said...

this is how you can write amazing leave application for marriage

luckys said...

sewingmachineportal

jasonbob said...

yeezys
golden goose sneakers
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
nike sb dunks
jordan shoes

Back to Top