Thanksgiving, adding tens, and Cracker Jacks!

It was another 4 day week last week (I swear, it's so hard to get it all done in 4 days!) and we were movin' and groovin' all day, every day!

Here's a little bit of what we were doing.... You saw my post earlier in the week about our Thanksgiving centers that we had started.

Adding tens centers....


Turkey Time math centers (check out the post about how we used my Turkey Time literacy centers)




We've been busy learning about words that have a final /k/ and /ch/ sounds....



One of my favorite things we did last week is a writing activity from my Charlotte's Web pack. I bought some Cracker Jacks and we did some sensory writing....can you believe that EVERY year most of my kids have NEVER had Cracker Jacks?? It's one of those nostalgic things from my childhood that I REFUSE to let die with the times...lol


and of course I get all excited whenever I see the prize still...lol!


we looked....


we smelled...


we did all the senses and the wrote it all out in a paragraph!



AND we did our FINAL pumpkin plant observations.....only about 1/2 of our plants grew. Mine did NOT grow, thank GOODNESS....I think that made the kids whose plant didn't grow feel better....lol.




If you want to check out any of the packs I mentioned, here they are







5 comments

Jessica said...

The adding 10s is perfect for what we're working on right now! And, where did you get the pocket chart that sits on the floor? Love it!

What I Have Learned

Jen R said...

Hi Jessica! I have no idea where that pocket chart came from! It was the teacher's who was in that room before me and she left it there :)

Hope Newport said...

Your little sweeties look so engaged! I love the Cracker Jacks activity! You are SO right... they are too good to fade away!!

Hope
Teaching With Hope

Mrs. Wheeler said...

It looks like your kids have been busy having fun learning!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

smoran892 said...

LOVE that cracker jack idea! :) Your kids must love you!

Back to Top