Thanksgiving week part 1

This week we've been busy working away on our Thanksgiving activities...




(look - there's Reagan's monthly quilt up top there!)


And here are a few of the literacy activities
(I've been so busy that I haven't had time to get up an get pictures of everyone doing centers...ahh!)



I forgot to put in my visual plans that I read this book...

Eating the Plates: A Pilgrim Book of Food and Manners

It is my go-to book to read to my class.... 

and after I read that book, I read this book....



And between the two books, they have a REALLY good idea what it's like for Pilgrim children...

(do you notice my booboo?? yeah...lol..my teammates laugh at me and my Type A-ness, but it bugs me! lol How about this...the first person can find what is bugging me on this chart, then I'll send you my Thanksgiving Literacy pack! Make sure to leave your email address or it won't count!)

They planned out their writing today and wrote their sloppy copies...

Tomorrow they are finishing up their neat copies and we're affixes the writing to Caitlin's pilgrims craftivity!


Can't wait to show you!!


On another note...


Today is the anniversary for the crash in '74 - do you remember??

No?? are you too young to "remember?"

You don't know what I'm talking about?? Have you seen the movie - We Are Marshall?? With Matthew McConaughey??? NO??? GO rent it!! 

Yes, I'm a Florida girl, but I was born in Huntington. 

It's such a great movie (and he's not bad to watch either - ha!). And my mom actually knew some of the REAL characters in the movie, as did my grandparents. I still have family up there, and a lot of them have gone to Marshall. Although I never did, I still have my "inherited" connection to the school.

We Are...Marshall!

OH!

Sooo....

you know how you have certain things that are automatically charged each month to your cards? Like a subscription??

Well...

those subscriptions don't actually get paid if the hubs loses his wallet and we have to cancel all the cards...booo!!!

SO...one of my monthly subscriptions that didn't get paid this month was my birchbox...

(click HERE to check out birchbox!)

boo! well, hopefully there's still time to get this month's box...


Ok - time to go put a movie in!

and MAYBE, just maybe...THINK about doing my PGP grrr....



24 comments

Tania said...

The circle on the right is not very round :)
Tania
mysecodnsense@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You repeated glass and plastic plates on current side and then glass or plastic plates

Unknown said...

Cloneal1973@gmail.com

Unknown said...

On second thought to is that in the both category you put make clothes but in current you put shop for clothes!

Mrs. Wathen said...

Trenches was spelled trenchers.
Tammy
theresourcefulapple@gmail.com

Jen R said...

It is actually supposed to be trenchers :-) it's in the book...that's what they used as bowls/plates. Good eyes though!!

Jen R said...

No...I mean it is annoying...lol...but not what bugs me the most :-)

Anonymous said...

The pilgrim child and modern child pictures are on the wrong side in the middle of the Venn diagram where they share characteristics?

Anonymous said...

Oops. Natalie Clarke. Nclarke@canterbury-fl.org

Stacy said...

You put the pilgrim boy and boy from today on the
opposite side in the 'both' column.
Baers@apaches.k12.in.us

Lee Ann said...

You wrote outside the circle??

Rasey44@myfrontiermail.com

Anonymous said...

The scribble next to taught. It drives me crazy when I have to scribble something out. Hfw8387@gmail.com
Thanks for the book ideas!

Julie Ravlin said...

You have 'hunt' in the "Pilgrim Children" section and 'hunt' in the "both" section. jravlin@riverside.k12.ia.us

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Marie said...

I know that the writing that is not straight would bug the snot out of me. I would have to rewrite the whole chart! That's part of my Type A issues!

Christina :)
Apples, Books, and Crayons
ApplesBooksandCrayons@gmail.com

Crystal said...

The O in Both is a capital letter.
I love your site. You are so creative! Where do you get the time?

Crystal said...

Sorry - forgot my email address.
cgarndt495@gmail.com

Julie Ravlin said...

You forgot to capitalize the T in Today.

Julie Ravlin said...

Oops...jravlin@riverside@k12.ia.us

Mrs. Lovegren said...

Is it "everyone sits in chairs for dinner?"
lovejunk@fnmmail.com

Barbara said...

I see two people have my guess, but I think it's the kids in the middle ... They're on the wrong sides;)

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Suzy Q said...

Now I am giggling...you thought there was just ONE thing bugging you, but now you can be bugged plenty! Here's one more: there is nothing noted for what pilgrim children did for fun. (Across from video games, tv & computers.)

Bet that's the last time you ask for input on boo-boos!

Courtney Woodward said...

Most people already said the main one I see, with the pictures of the kids on the wrong sides in the Both section.

However, I also noticed (though very minor detail) that you put "glass OR plastic plates" and then "glass AND plastic bowls". For my Type A personality as well, it would drive me nuts that they aren't consistent. Doesn't matter which you choose, but I would need to keep it the same.

I agree with the last person that said this will probably be the only time you ask people to look for mistakes! Teachers will see the tiniest things and then you'll start noticing all of them and drive yourself crazy, too! :)

ccwoodward1989@gmail.com

learningmyself said...

=glass and platic instead of glass and plastic? Love your stuff!!! Amy :) jajc4@comcast.net

Back to Top