Legend of Indian Paintbrush


The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush

You remember these BME charts we did yesterday...


and today we did our quilt from...


I didn't particularly like the full craft that was in the book, so I kind of changed things and made it my own..but I definitely used it as my inspiration....

(notice a few lovelies haven't finished their buck-skin Indian art)

They painted their sunset on one square....

and did Indian writing/drawings on the buck-skin.

The sunset was not in the directions to do - it was supposed to be some bead thing..

A) I didn't have the beads on hand
B) I liked the painting of the sunset idea MUCH better :)


Underneath, they wrote about their favorite part and drew a picture,
and this wasn't in the directions to do either - I changed this too...lol


In other news, I brought the chicks home for the weekend....



and Pete has taken his post - the chick guardian...


I have more to post, but technology is getting the better of me! grrrr...

Ok - I am running out the door now - time to spend some time with my girls!!

4 comments

Corinna said...

I love that story, I haven't shared it with my kiddos yet. We have been so busy with Nocturnal animals we haven't had time for other things. I love the pic of your dog and the chics, so sweet:)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Elizabeth said...

Your quilt is fantastic! Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

What?! My head just exploded! I didn't know scholastic has a quilt book! I made mine up. That's so crazy. Now I need to go check that out.

I like your literature quilt! I bet they loved the blank canvases! We are doing our indian paintbrush book study this week!

Kim said...

Hi Jen:
I have always loved that book. Even my sixth graders will sit through it--which is surprising because their minds are tuned to accept only video games...
I love the Chick Guardian! How cute that Pete takes his job so seriously.

Happy almost VACATION!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Back to Top