Brain Fried...

So...today is one of those days that I'm glad I am part of the blogging world....

Remember my plans I had for today on my visual plans??

Yeah...well....

NONE of it happened!!

Today...was a field trip day.

We went to one of my favorite-est stores....

PUBLIX!

You FL and GA people know what I'm talking about...

there is NOTHING like a good Publix grocery store.  

Anywhoskees....

I can NOT believe I'm getting ready to show you this picture....
but FEAST your eyes on THIS!! lol


aw yeah...doesn't that just SCREAM beauty-pageant??? lol

While we were there, we got to ring up at the cash register, watch demonstrations in the meat department, walk through the stock room, watch them prep the produce and then we got to eat pineapple -  and cheese from the deli - yum!!
AND the kids got to decorate a cake!!

Best part?? It was free!

It was only like 1 1/2 hours that we were gone, so I really could have done what was on my plans to do.... but let me tell you.....

My brain was fried.

I was teaching math and TOTALLY gave them the wrong answer...

And at that point...I realized....

That's it.

My brain is fried....I'm sure your brain is fried...

Let's try something new.

So we did.

(I mean...why keep going with a lesson that isn't working??)

I quickly got on my google reader (shhhh!!!) and typed in a "topic" and saw all the wonderful things that everyone has done on that topic, and just kind of quickly came up with something.

It was great.

We wrote in our math journals/notebooks...

they brainstormed and debated...

and I was impressed.

so...

THANK YOU to bloggy-world.

I am indebted to you, once again.

Oh...

P.S...

DON'T FORGET TO GO VOTE TOMORROW!!!!



That's B screaming at you...hehe

I can translate babble.


17 comments

Lori Rosenberg said...

Love the hairnet! And Publix! The last time I took a trip there, they gave us a fruit tray, a sushi tray, and a cheese tray to sample. That was several years ago, so, I'm sure with today's economy, you're lucky to get a stick of gum!

Baby B, you are too cute for words!
Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

We don't have Publix over here...wonder what is similar here?

Baby B is adorbs!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilities!

byoung said...

I'm not technology-savvy...what's a google reader?

The Colorful Apple said...

Just went to my first Publix this weekend! Lovin the hairnet! And I have definitely searched Google Reader when I'm in need of good ideas - it's way better than an actual Google search!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Unknown said...

Lovin' the hair net! I once taught my kids you start ordinal numbers from the top...true story. My brain was friend then, too. I didn't even realize it till the next day. Bad Mrs. Alderson!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Leanne said...

I've always heard of Publix from coupon websites, but don't live close to any here in Kansas! Also, I always read blogs from my blogger dashboard...should I be reading them in Google Reader? Is it bad I have NO idea what that is?!

Leanne
Mrs. Prince and Co.

Melodee said...

haha, the hair net is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'm from SC and we have Publix stores here! LOVE them! We have one so close to our school that our Kinder classes have walked. Talk about fun! The hair net is stylish. You really rock it!

Karen
An Apple a Day in First Grade

Unknown said...

Teaching always brings out the best in us! Glad you shared, it was cute!!
Amy Howbert

Little Miss Organized
amyhowbert1@gmail.com

Sarah Paul said...

Baby B is too cute!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. McHaffie said...

This is all kinds of fantastic! Loving the hair net and that sweet little Baby B of yours!!!

:)
Kelly
Beg, Borrow, Steal

zputty said...

Okay - confession time. I have never put together that you could search Reader for ideas! I stalk like a pro and have thought many times about how I could do a topic search, but I don't use the Reader that much. Now I will!

Thanks for helping a tech-challenged teacher!

Valerie

Unknown said...

We went to that publix right outside of Disney while we were in FL!!! Why is that making me so excited?

Tell B that I miss her! I am sure she totally remembers me.

Beach Sand and Lesson Plans said...

Love the hairnet! Publix is fun field trip! The baby is adorable and I VOTED! :-))
Gina
Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

Barbara said...

A grocery store field trip! Haven't done one in ages. Thanks for the reminder!

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Elizabeth said...

Love the picture, Jen. I do the same thing in my Google reader ALL the time :)

mohit said...

As the admin of this blog
is working, no hesitation very rapidly it will be famous, due to its quality contents

Back to Top