Bath Crashers - Ross Style!

We are FINALLY finished with the guest bathroom!!!

So I get to link up to Tara's Made-It Monday - yay!


Well, not really TOTALLY finished, but enough to show you.

I still have some decorations I want to get/make...but it takes time...

So, to start with, let me show you what it WAS...

And what was wrong with it....aside from the color scheme, which was NOT working in this bathroom...

Now mind you, the unfinished painted walls have been like that for OVER A YEAR!! lol

We ran out of paint, and I guess I just didn't like it enough to go get more...lol



So...we started painting...

Let the record show, that I DID paint, but then hubs came home and he didn't approve of my painting job, so he took over...lol


...took down the huge mirror and ugly shell lights...which left holes in the wall...



...put up wainscot and chair rail...



and VOILA!

So the new color scheme is gray walls with white chair rail and wainscot and yellow and white accents.

I LOVE it!!!





yay!! it's finished!!!
(Tara, I hope you don't mind me posting my Made-It Monday on a Thursday...I will link up next week to it!)

now....onto the "cabana" bathroom...lol...well, it WOULD be a cabana bath...if we had a pool.

But we don't.

YET!

So, I guess...it's just a 1/2 bath for right now..lol

OOH....

ORRRRRR we could do the girls' room - oh the wheels are turning, my friends.

And I want to leave you with THIS beautiful picture...

after THREE full days of rain, the sun FINALLY came out around dinner time and the blue skies were above us!!!

LOOK!!

Photo: Do you see that?? Y THAT is a shadow from the SUN on my bike ride :) http://instagr.am/p/MZVNwsOxSy/

THAT, my friends, is a shadow, that was cast by, none other than THE SUN!!!

It was a BEAUTIFUL bike ride....to Publix....to get my ice cream.
And cereal for breakfast.

What?

We all have priorities, right??

And they fit nicely in my little basket.

haha!!!

and one last thing....

I finally finished my sports A.R. pack - so it's up and ready for y'all!





28 comments

Tricia said...

Great job. Yellow and grey is my favorite color combo...right now.

Tricia
Queen with Class

Kindertrips said...

That bathroom is gorgeous! What a difference-the white looks so crisp. Great job.
Jennifer
kindertrips

Sarah Cooley said...

So, so pretty!!! Love the colors!

Suzy Q said...

Lucky girl. Not having the skills to paint properly! Hope you weren't too upset when your hubby took over!

Kim said...

Hi Jen:
That bathroom looks FABULOUS!
Loved the shadow picture... After five rainy days on my vacation, sunshine was almost as good as ice cream!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

EveryNewBeginning said...

Wow! Your bathroom turned out great. You should paint the cabinets too (but I am obsessed with painting right now lol). Love the yellow & grey!

Every New Beginning

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

Great job! I love the color combo :)

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilitites!

Traci Clausen said...

Your bathroom is gorgeous. So cheery!
Yay for the sun!

Jessica Ann Stanford said...

Love the colors!
Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class
I need your help! Come check out my last post ❤

Kelley Cirrito said...

Love the bathroom!! You guys did such a good job!!! Love it!

Stacy said...

Your bathroom came out great. Where did you get your shower curtain???
✰ Stacy

Simpson Superstars

Anonymous said...

I love the wainscoting. I'm also loving that the rain finally stopped, so glad to see Debby leave :)

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love the gray walls. I have been thinking about painting the walls in my craft room - gray. Thanks for the inspiration.

Terri
1st Grade Princess

Jen R said...

Stacy - the shower curtain came from target!
the paint, chair rail, wainscot, mirror, and lights came from Lowes
and decor came from Kohls :)

Busy Bees said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful. We just did one this spring and our walls were gray, too. Love it~
Robynn
BusyBees

Tara said...

You are welcome to come redo my bathroom at any time!!! I'll even let you pick out everything!!!!! LOL! Your bathroom turned out soooo nice! Loving the gray!! We just did my bedroom in that color and yum!! I am so happy the sun is out again too!!! Thanks for linking up my friend!!! If ya want to practice your redecorating...feel free to come on down;)

4th Grade Frolics

Brandi said...

Your bathroom looks great! And thanks for the sports teamed AR pack!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

I LOOOOVE your Bathroom!

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Emily said...

Very cute! I need to do some house painting too, but I can't figure out the colors yet...

Emily
I Love My Classroom
www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

I love your bathroom!

Lorena
Little Treasures

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks gorgeous! I love the yellow and gray.

Kara
Spedventures

Elizabeth said...

I love it :) Such great colors.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Mrs. S. said...

Beautiful! I love yellow! Digging the bike shadow, too. That's a cool picture.

✿.。.☆♪♫*❤*Melly*❤*☆.。.✿
Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

Laura said...

Love the bath! If I give you my address and buy you drinks, will you come redo mine???

Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Ann said...

Great bathroom! I love the mirror. Mirrors are hard to find. I'm a new follower.
ann
The Caffeinated Classroom

Tiffani said...

Love it- can you come do mine. I've been waiting 10 years to redo this

Staci F said...

Love the colors! I am amazed at all the things you get done with two little ones in tow. Great job!

Amanda said...

Awesome bathroom!!! I actually bought a blue gray to paint my bathroom! :) I would love to put wainscoting.. how hard was it? Like could non handy people do this?

Amanda
Reaching for the TOP!

Back to Top