Addictions, crafts, and tears

So, I have a little addiction.....

Sunnies...lol



These are only my Crush sunnies....there are about 4 more pairs laying around in various places...

Crush Sunnies are my fave!!

You can't get them in the stores (unless you're in HI)...I buy them online because they are based out of Hawaii. My BIL turned me onto them. (my sister and her family live in Hawaii)
(Corinna, do you have these in your area??)


Here is their FB page, they have weekly deals - and even still, they are pretty cheap!!

AND they have great customer service....I had one pair that just kept snapping above the nose (they were snapping on their own, not because I did anything to them), and all I had to do was take a picture to email them, and they sent me a new pair...this happened like 3 times...it must have been a faulty box or something, but they were SUPER about it - and just kept sending me replacements.

(and no, I'm not getting anything for telling you about them)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part of my summer projects is to take THIS chair....



and repaint it (for the 3rd time) into a beachy theme...sigh....lol.

I kind of like having a black seat cover, so I won't be able to see the dirtiness of it - lol...

SOOOOO....my question is this....do you think if I paint it all black and then go back over it with teal, green, yellow, orange colors to paint flowers, suns, surfboards, or whathaveyou, that it'll still look beachy??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this was yesterday's picture of Debby....



That might LOOK scary, but it was really just a lot of bark and no bite...and prevented us from going out...

Today, it looks more like this...



There's nothing really over us according to the map, but it's still pretty windy....although I DO see some clear spots in the sky, JUST enough to give me hope!
Hope is gone...it's POURING again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday, hubs had to go to a viewing for a Fire Fighter that passed the other day. So sad...
The guy was only 50 years old.
So young.

He didn't die while on duty, so there's not much reporting on it, but it has made a HUGE impact on the FF community.



Do you see the black stripe on his shield on his chest? That's what they do when one has "fallen"

They also do it to the trucks....




So, hug your kids and loved ones a little tighter tonight, because you really just never know.

Photo: Hug your kids a little tighter tonight...you just never know :( http://instagr.am/p/MUAKWwuxS4/

11 comments

Kindertrips said...

I like your rocking chair- it will look so nice in a beach theme. I am sorry about the fire fighter. You have a beautiful family!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder... Sometimes we need someone to remind us how important family is! I'm off to hug my boys right now ;)

I think your chair will look awesome!

✿Valerie
All Students Can SHINE

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the chair and I LOVE the family pictures. So sweet! Glad you survived Debby! :)

Lisa R. said...

I look forward to seeing your rocking chair when it's completed!! That's so sad about the firefighter. Life is so unpredictable- you have to truly embrace every moment.
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Mrs. Wathen said...

Hey Jen, Where is Florida are you? I am in lake County just north of Orlando. My father in law retired from the Orange County fire dept and passed away a few years after that and it was unvelievable the support we received from his fire fighter family! My husband works for the sheriff's office too so its pretty similar:)

I like the black background on the chair. I think it will look great!

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Owls and Lessons, Etc. said...

Hugging my kiddo now! Glad Debby is heading away... she needs to go far out to sea. I'm going to the OBX of NC next week and she better turn and stay east and not go north! Can't wait to see your chair when you're done!

Haley
Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

Can't wait to see your rocking chair!

Yeah, the black band on the badge, police officers do that too. And I think some of the officers put it across their car badges too. Unfortunately my dad had to wear one a few times, but 2008 was the worst with the bank bombing.

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilitites!

Kristin said...

My hub works for a sunglasses company so I can only wear that brand. Those are super cute, though!!
Yes, I think your chair will look beachy with a black seat.
How sad. :( I love the message of the shield.
,

Traci Clausen said...

My husband is a retired police officer. Those days are always tough.

I think your chair will look awesome, and beachy, in black. Go for it.

I can NEVER find sunglasses I like. I truly suck at sunglass purchasing.

EveryNewBeginning said...

I haven't ever found a pair of sunglasses that I can wear without either looking like I am a long lost member of the Golden Girls or like I found them in the kids section because they are too small.

I wouldn't paint it black, but that is just me. I think you would be better off painting it white and just magic erasering it when needed.

Every New Beginning

Corinna said...

I have never seen Crush sunglasses! I will have to keep my eyes open for them! I am lucky I get a lot of free pairs from surf contests and giveaways here.. I am partial to white, but yes it gets very dirty!! I give my kiddos and hubby kisses with every parting even though they get annoyed with me;)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Back to Top