Rounding with Jack and Jill

Ok y'all...here's another new center for the week for my kids - but I actually think I'm going to be doing this in my guided math groups. This skill is on the March math test and when I went to review it with my kids, you could have heard crickets in the room. lol. I guess my sub didn't get to this skill. Oh well, thanks to my Jack and Jill, I can usually teach it pretty quickly (for most...ha!) 

I've always taught rounding making a reference to Jack and Jill. I don't know why. It just hit me one day, but my kids got it, so I stuck with it! ha! The most difficult part of rounding for the students (that I have found) is knowing which two tens/hundreds the number being rounded is in between. I have done rounding with Jack and Jill for years, and it really does help the students to see the numbers better. This is even a skill they have been able to use on "the" test since they learn to draw them on their own.

I've always had lame generic, not cute "hills" for them to use during my rounding activities...but NOW I've got this C.U.T.E, CUTE clip art from Nikki to use!!! Didn't she just do a FABulous job!?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!  I'm so excited...so now I have more printing to do. But my UPS store is closed and I don't want to drive all the way to Office Depot in the rain (yay for rainy day!!), so I'm gonna see if my lame-o inkjet printer can handle the job. ha!


Included in this pack is:
Teacher number strip
Student black and white number strips
rounding hills
tens to round
hundreds that can be rounded to the hundreds or tens
recording sheets for the center
extra practice worksheets


or

14 comments

Jessica said...

I am amazed by you! It seems like with every post you have a new creation to share. Love it!
Jessica

Apples and Papers

Leanne said...

I love this! Super cute!

Leanne
spendadayinsecondgrade.blogspot.com

Miss Foote said...

Could I please be a student in your class! How cute!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Elizabeth said...

What a smart way to teach it...and also a "duh" moment for me :)

I just nominated you for an award because you're awesome.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Unknown said...

This is super cute!!! You come up with the cutest designs!

❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

I love the clip art! So cute!


Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Eddie said...

This blog never disappoints with the cute stuff, can find nowhere else.

jhonhenkee said...

I love this. very cute this blog never disappoints with the cute.

Unknown said...

thanks your blog never disapointed anyone

Taylors Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylors Smith said...

Thank you for the information. I hope public to tell exactly exactly how great this data is in your article 3D Printers.

Free Paid Games With APK Files said...

That's really interesting
I will tell to my Childs also
Am here to thank you for sharing wonder full blog with us
If anyone want to download meitu apk premium 2022 for free ?
the click on it and enjoy it.

Karl Marx said...

This is really good read and indeed a very interesting one. If anyone is looking to increase his/her social media presence, try out turbo followers unlimited coins mod apk

Barbara said...

This is superb. I love it. Also you can download frontline commando apk

Back to Top