St. Patty's unit finished!

I did it!!!  I went for my first real run back into the game!

It's AMAZING how much better (of a person) I feel! The hardest part is that first step...well, actually, putting on the clothes and shoes THEN the first step...lol.

BUT, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill people!!"  (movie quote anyone???)


My 2-year old and husband should take comfort in this fact..lol!

I ran 2.5 miles in 24 minutes...which is like an 11:30/mile run....while I KNOW this is a GREAT accomplishment for my first time back, I can't wait to get back to my 9:30/mile!

In other news....

It's finished!!! I uploaded my latest to TpT last night!!



This 59 page St. Patty's Day unit has 4 Literacy and 4 Math centers

Literacy Centers include:
~ABC order to the 3rd letter using digraphs and blends, with a writing & illustrating extension
~Parts of Speech Sort (noun,verb, adjective)
~Fact and Opinion
~Sentence Stretcher with a book extension

Math Centers include:
~2-Digit addition with and without regrouping
~Graphing with addition AND/OR multiplication extension and write about the data extension
~Missing addend
~3-digit number order

The whole 59-page bundle is $3 and each separate unit is $2...

I could have added SOOO many more activities...the ideas just kept coming to me. But I wanted to keep it small-ish so I could keep the prices small-ish for y'all. 

So I'll just add those ideas to my Dr. Seuss unit...once I get me some clip art :-) Maybe hubby wants to try his hand at Dr. Seuss art??? hehe...

Let me know what you think!!

Click the preview above or the pic below to go check them out :)

TeachersPayTeachers  - Lesson Plans,Teaching Materials and Other Teacher-Created Resources

20 comments

Lisa said...

Elle Woods--of course!! :)

I have to admit...I watch that movie a lot!!! :)

Cute stuff!!!

Kristen said...

That is awesome Jen, you must be so proud!! Your unit looks adorable too!
Kristen

Kelley Cirrito said...

Legally blonde!!! One of my favorites!! Congrats on the run! I don't think I could do that. I don't run, just walk. ;) Have a good weekend!!

Jessica said...

You are on a roll with TpT! Keep it up. :)Glad you got back to running.
Jessica

Apples and Papers

Jen R said...

thanks guys! It's keeping my mind busy to make things :) lol

Ms. Chrissy B said...

That's the only line I remember from that movie. LOL!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Tammy said...

So envious of the TpT and the running! You are an inspiration! Super cool unit! Off I go to TpT!!
Tammy

Kristin said...

You go, girl!!! I think an 11 minute mile is completely respectable. :) Remember, I have to walk so I really admire you!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Holly said...

Holy moly - fast Momma.....don't even ask how long it took me to do my 5k....shhhhhh

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Jen R said...

haha...well, thank you! :) And Holly, at least you did it!!

Rachelle said...

Wow!!! I love the pack!!!! Looks great!!!!

-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Traci Clausen said...

Congrats on the endorphines. :D {running just makes my knees hurt, which I'm pretty sure is nothing like endorphines} So happy for you and your happiness :D.

Your pack looks great.
Dragonflies in First

manakans said...

I love that Legally Blonde quote :) Such a great movie. The unit looks great!

Maria
manakans@hotmail.com

Tammy said...

Hey Jen email me your address and I'll send you my book!
Tammy
dtklinger@gmail.com

Jodi said...

Congrats on the run!! You'll be back to your 9:30/mile in no time!!

Jodi
Fun In First

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

I love that movie quote!

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Unknown said...

Look at you!!!! You're on a roll!!! Your unit looks super cute!

I can't believe you're already running again!!! You're amazing! I can't get past stretching :) !


❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop

Barbara said...

Hey congrats on the run!!! You did it:)

Barbara
Grade ONEderful

Kim said...

WOW Jen!
So impressive... both the run and the unit!
The only time I run is when I know there is ice cream in my freezer.

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

vicky1970 said...

Hi there,
I am a runner too and broke my tibia bone last year training for a 1/2 marathon...ugh! It was hard trying to teach 1st grade with crutches. But at least I got to rock a hot pink cast. LOL Love your stuff. I am new to the bloggers world. Please check out my blog of teaching ideas/mommyhood, etc. Thanks and I will stop in often. :o)
~ Vicky
http://traditionslaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com
http://www.vickymoore2.com
Have a great Valentine's Day

Back to Top