Painting with Kwik Stix

If you've been a reader of mine for a while, you know that I love painting in my classroom. I use watercolor paints the first week of school even! Yep! With first graders.  So, I wanted to share with you something pretty cool that I have found. 



It's tempera paint...in a stick! 

It dries super quick - see?? You can see Autumn is already touching the grass she just painted.


And the colors are really bright. I love these!  My only wish is that they had a "fine tip" to get the smaller areas, but Autumn makes it work just fine.


These paints are SO great!! I love them for my girls. I love them for school too - NO MORE cups of water and mixed up paints...and dripping from too much water.  And while I think watercolor painting and painting with a paintbrush are still a skill that kids need to learn, I do really like these. 

You can find them at the {Pencil Grip Co.} - who also have some great pencil grips that I've been using with my students this year. I will be back to share more about those later.




No comments

Back to Top