Bunny Week!


We started our week off with my April Graph Pack.


This week I put the voting cards in a bag and made them choose cards because I KNEW who would win in the graph, and I wanted to change it up a bit.



So they wrote their question for the graph and did the tally chart.


Then they did the bar graph and wrote about the data.


The next page was the different ways they could solve the problems that I gave them.  Same questions, so many different ways to answer them!






One of my favorite stories to do this during this week is the Knuffle Bunny series






We used some graphic organizers from my April Literacy center pack (the Add-Ins section)




Then, I kind of combined my idea with Hope's idea from her Knuffle Bunny pack. I bought her pack a few years ago and have used it every year. This year I did something different though. I took the pictures that she included in her pack then I drew a Knuffle Bunny and printed them up for the kids to color, cut, and paste onto the picture.  Then using one of my graphic organizers in my April Literacy pack, they planned out their Knuffle Bunny FOUR! haha.



They just wrote about their characters, setting, and problem and solution.



Then we also did another favorite bunny book, The Easter Bunny's Assistant.


I used some of the activities from Deanna and Deedee's Guiding Readers pack.


We did some cause and effect...



and sequencing activities. We used my Spelling Journals A LOT this week...in the Easter section.



They loved doing the application....many of them are such good assistants!


Then we turned the application into a letter and did the bunny craft from A Cupcake for the Teacher.


Click the pictures below to grab your application freebie!


THEN we did the directed drawing from Jennifer over at First Grade Blue Skies. I LOOOOVE doing directed drawings as it is, but then when I saw Alisha's measurement addition to the activity, GENIUS!  Nothing like last minute changes to my plans...all for the greater good!




I mean, honestly.... where would I be without all these wonderful teachers who blog about all their wonderful ideas?! I am so thankful for this blogging world!



1 comment

Liz said...

I love all of your themed weeks! You do such a good job of planning everything out.

Back to Top