Spider Donuts

Each month, I like to do a recipe for one of our themes. I like to have the students write out the recipes and a review for the recipe and then take their picture for them to glue to the review. We make a "book" for each recipe.  You can see what I mean about a "book" for our recipes at the bottom of my Apple week post.

It all started when I used Denise's Tasty Tuesday in 2nd grade, but I had to kind of make up my own paper so that the format fit 1st grade a little better.  I still wanted to do it in 1st grade, just had to tweak it a little bit.

So this month's recipe is from our Spider Week. Check out that post {HERE} - there are some freebies for you to grab there too!


These were SUPER simple to make. All you need is:
-Mini Chocolate Donuts (enough for each kid...and maybe a few to snack on)
-a bag of Chinese Noodles (Chow Mein Noodles)
-Icing
-M&Ms


I was so impressed with some of my kids when they decided that their spider needed spinnerets and pedipalps! What?! Super proud teacher, right here!



Why do I love writing recipes???  Because it's a great step in a process and opinion writing piece! PLUS, it really does get them excited about more learning..and never wanting to miss school - you just never know when you'll miss a fun day, right!? ha!



2 comments

Marlene Detierro said...

Wow! These are perfect for Halloween. I'll make these together with the kids.

Marlene
Visit my site for Auto Repair Kent Website

Hyacinth Marius said...

This looks a little creepy. But I'm guessing this tastes good.

Hyacinth
Have you viewed Maid Service Warwick NY website

Back to Top