Learning Logs and Christmas Math

Today, I added in a little reading skills from our reading series this week into our book we read yesterday.


We practiced cause and effect, so I gave them the cause for one, and they gave me the effect, then on the bottom, I gave them the effect and they gave me the cause.


I'm really diggin' this whole "learning log" thing...I don't actually use any rubrics for it, I just kind of "grade it" and what not...but we do EVERYTHING in there now - our planning for our writing, sloppy copies, math journals, EVERYTHING....

and we took that venn-diagram and turned it into writing, and they made Caitlin's cute pilgrim!


hehe - I really like the bottom left one...he's awesome!! It kind of reminds me of Gargamel from the Smurfs.

And yesterday I had said that the first person who could find what was driving me crazy about this venn diagram would get my pack...


y'all listed some good ones!
yes, the none-circle-ness bugs me...

yes, the writing out of the lines bugs me...

yes, the word is supposed to be trenchers (it's in the story)

yes, scribbling off words bugs me...

lol...

BUT, the thing that is REALLY bugging me was that the "both" sign has the kids already positioned, and I didn't pay attention to that when I made the venn diagram and so the actual children are opposite..lol.

So...Congrats Natalie! I am uploading the file right now to send you...

OH!!

Forgot to tell you....

I already finished and uploaded my Christmas math pack!!





There are SIX math centers - in both a color version AND black and white version. Each center also has a student activity for independent work.


TpT or TN

I am getting ready to make my Christmas Literacy pack - 

I foresee it including...

contractions...
verb tense (like past and present)...
create a story with "who" "did what" "where" or "when" type sorting...

and now I'm stumped....

SOOOO....


I leave you with these two questions...

Do you do Learning Logs??? And if so, do you "grade them" with rubrics?? or do you just "have them?" I'm interested...

AND what would YOU like to see in my Christmas Literacy pack???

11 comments

Unknown said...

Hey there! No learning logs, but starting with them a bit. They seem like an informal assessment...but I'll know more later with them?! Pilgrims are sooo cute! New packet, go with writing! It's everywhere in common core!

Amy Howbert
Little Miss Organized
amyhowbert1@gmail.com

Jessica said...

I love your learning logs and would love to have more information about how you use them. I think I might implement them next year. This year is getting away from me! As for grading them, we have district rubrics for our report card standards. I'd probably use those for grading.

And for literacy packets, I find it's a good way to review grammar. Maybe plural nouns, proper nouns, etc.


What i have learned

Arlene sandberg said...

I love your post and these activities. Thanks so much for sharing.
Arlene
<a href="http://arlenesandberg.blogspot.com>LMn Tree</a>

Arlene sandberg said...

I love your post and these activities. Thanks so much for sharing.
Arlene
LMn Tree

Unknown said...

Ooh! I'm adding your Christmas Math Pack to my wishlist ;)

✿Valerie
All Students Can SHINE

Barbara said...

I used to use learning logs and then got out of the habit. Not sure why, cause they're a great way to go!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Qasim Khan said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. home depot survey Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info

Unknown said...

It is such a well written comment on a blog. greatpeople me kroger login employee portal

Unknown said...

your article is valuable for me and for others. Thanks for sharing your information!
kroger w2

Unknown said...

very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good information


greatpeople me kroger login employee portal

Unknown said...

Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.

kroger w2

Back to Top